'Peter Panzerfaust' Producer Options 'Hoax Hunters' Comic (Exclusive)
Jeff Krelitz is developing a big-screen take on the Image Comics property.
Producer Jeff Krelitz and his Quality Transmedia banner have optioned the screen rights to Hoax Hunters, a comic from Image Comics.
Created by Michael Moreci and Steve Seeley (the brother of Hack/Slash creator Tim Seeley), the comics focused on a group of paranormal investigators who debunk mysteries for a TV show called Hoax Hunters. But in reality, the hunters are working hard to cover up and keep the world’s dark forces secret.
Image started running the series last year.
Krelitz is seeking writers, with a plan to get a script written and then get the project set up.
Krelitz is an exec producer on Peter Panzerfaust, a Peter Pan-based World War II-set adaptation of an Image comic that is being developed by BBC Worldwide as a TV property.
(It also is being adapted into a motion comic, with the voice talent of Elijah Wood and Summer Glau lined up. A teaser trailer is due to debut at this weekend’s C2E2, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo.)
Krelitz also is working with Roy Lee, Adrian Askarieh and Mark Wolper on Red Brick Road, an Oz-meets-Game of Thrones-style TV series for Warner Horizon.
While Krelitz’s projects are TV-oriented, Hoax Hunters is intended to be a feature film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR