Philip Seymour Hoffman to Direct Supernatural Drama 'Ezekiel Moss'
The film centers on a mysterious stranger with the power to speak with the dead.
Philip Seymour Hoffman, currently receiving acclaim for his performance in The Master, will sit in the director’s chair for Ezekiel Moss.
The supernatural drama hails from Mandalay Pictures and production shingle Likely Story, run by producer Anthony Bregman.
The script, written by Keith Bunin and which appeared on the 2011 Black List, centers on a mysterious stranger with the power to speak with the dead. His arrival to a small Nebraska town transforms the lives of the town's residents, including a widow and her young son.
Mandalay’s Cathy Schulman and Bregman are among the producers on the project.
Hoffman made his directorial debut with 2010 drama Jack Goes Boating. The Master, in which he stars with Joaquin Phoenix, is shaping up to be one of the fall season’s awards contenders after its premiere at Toronto International Film Festival and its strong limited release opening this past weekend.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10