'Taken' Director to Helm 'The Hitman's Bodyguard' for Skydance (Exclusive)
Pierre Morel's next project follows a protection agent who must escort a hired killer to testify at the Hague.
Pierre Morel is in negotiations to direct The Hitman’s Bodyguard, an action movie being produced by David Ellison's Skydance Productions.
Bodyguard is not set up at Paramount, though Skydance is a major co-finanacier of the studio's big tentpoles and many of the projects it develops and finances are expected go through the studio.
Written by Tom O’Connor (Fire With Fire), the two-hander script follows a protection agent who is forced to escort to the Hague a hitman awaiting his chance to testify against a war criminal and ex-head of state of an Eastern European country.
While District B13 was the Frenchman’s first movie as a director, Morel really gained attention for the 2009 hit Taken, starring Liam Neeson. His follow-up was the action movie From Paris With Love.
Morel previously was attached to direct Bastille Day for Vendome Pictures and Anonymous Content but has moved on.
He is repped by CAA, Sentient Entertainment, and Hansen Jacobson.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!