'The Place Beyond the Pines' Writer Hired to Adapt 'So Cold the River' (Exclusive)
Ben Coccio will write the script from Michael Koryta's novel for New Regency, with Kevin Misher and Scott Silver coming on board as producers.
Ben Coccio, the co-writer behind the upcoming Ryan Gosling-Bradley Cooper crime thriller The Place Beyond the Pines, has been hired to pen So Cold the River, New Regency’s adaptation of the Michael Koryta novel.
At the same time, Kevin Misher and Scott Silver have come on board as producers.
Published by Little, Brown and Co. in 2010, the book centers on a washed-up documentary filmmaker hired by a woman to make a project about her father-in-law, a mysterious 95-year-old billionaire from a small Indiana town. Once in that town, which proves to have an extraordinary history, the filmmaker is plagued by visions that lead him to discover a long-buried evil ready to return.
Pines, which is directed by Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine), premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival where, as one of the fest’s biggest acquisition titles, it was picked by Focus Features. Focus is due to open the movie in limited release March 29. Coccio, repped by CAA and Media Talent Group, shared writing credits with Cianfrance and Darius Marder.
Misher is a producer on MGM’s upcoming remake of Carrie, while Silver has credits as a screenwriter that include 8 Mile and The Fighter.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!