'The Place Beyond the Pines' Writer Hired to Adapt 'So Cold the River' (Exclusive)
Ben Coccio will write the script from Michael Koryta's novel for New Regency, with Kevin Misher and Scott Silver coming on board as producers.
Ben Coccio, the co-writer behind the upcoming Ryan Gosling-Bradley Cooper crime thriller The Place Beyond the Pines, has been hired to pen So Cold the River, New Regency’s adaptation of the Michael Koryta novel.
At the same time, Kevin Misher and Scott Silver have come on board as producers.
Published by Little, Brown and Co. in 2010, the book centers on a washed-up documentary filmmaker hired by a woman to make a project about her father-in-law, a mysterious 95-year-old billionaire from a small Indiana town. Once in that town, which proves to have an extraordinary history, the filmmaker is plagued by visions that lead him to discover a long-buried evil ready to return.
Pines, which is directed by Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine), premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival where, as one of the fest’s biggest acquisition titles, it was picked by Focus Features. Focus is due to open the movie in limited release March 29. Coccio, repped by CAA and Media Talent Group, shared writing credits with Cianfrance and Darius Marder.
Misher is a producer on MGM’s upcoming remake of Carrie, while Silver has credits as a screenwriter that include 8 Mile and The Fighter.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Rita Ora and Calvin Harris: Working Together After a Breakup?
- From College To The Bright Lights Of Broadway: Meet 'Rock Of Ages' Leading Lady, Carrie St. Louis
- Blake Lively Pulls A Beyonce By Revealing Wedding Dress In Preserve Video
- Kristen Bell's Mary Poppins Takes On Minimum Wage With A Spoonful Of Sugar