'Pompeii' Super Bowl Ad: Hints of '300' During Volcanic Eruption (Video)
The Paul W.S. Anderson film is set to be one of many action films competing for attention on game day.
Nods to 300's graphic novel visuals and The Gladiator's sword-and-sandals aesthetic are present in the latest teaser for Pompeii.
The Sony/TriStar Pictures film, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator), features Kiefer Sutherland, Kit Harington and Carrie-Anne Moss. The clip — heavy on volcano carnage — is being promoted as the "Big Game" Super Bowl spot that presumably will air on Sunday.
During the game, there will be plenty of Hollywood studio competition during commercial breaks. Paramount's Transformers: Age of Extinction, DreamWorks' Need for Speed and Marvel's Captain America: Winter Soldier are just a few of the action titles expected to be promoted with TV spots.
Pompeii is set to hit theaters in wide release on Feb. 21, the same weekend as Kevin Costner's action title 3 Days to Kill.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR