Pottermore Twitter Account Explodes After Site's Launch
Meanwhile, the Harry Potter-themed feed is following only one person.
Just hours after J.K. Rowling launched her Pottermore website, the site's Twitter account already has nearly 120,000 followers.
To be exact, the Twitter feed has 118,963 followers -- and counting.
Meanwhile, @Pottermore is following only one person: J.K. Rowling herself.
Rowling explains Pottermore as "a free website that builds an exciting online experience around the reading of the Harry Potter books."
In other words, it's an interactive site in which users can play games within the Harry Potter books. It kicks off in October, but beginning July 31, users will be able to find out more details about entering the site early.
Rowling also announced Thursday that the seven Harry Potter novels will be available as eBooks beginning in October, exclusively on Pottermore.com.
But Rowling shot down rumors that she's working on an eighth book.
Her Harry Potter books have sold more than 400 million copies worldwide.
The final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, hits theaters July 15.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting