Pottermore Twitter Account Explodes After Site's Launch
Meanwhile, the Harry Potter-themed feed is following only one person.
Just hours after J.K. Rowling launched her Pottermore website, the site's Twitter account already has nearly 120,000 followers.
To be exact, the Twitter feed has 118,963 followers -- and counting.
Meanwhile, @Pottermore is following only one person: J.K. Rowling herself.
Rowling explains Pottermore as "a free website that builds an exciting online experience around the reading of the Harry Potter books."
In other words, it's an interactive site in which users can play games within the Harry Potter books. It kicks off in October, but beginning July 31, users will be able to find out more details about entering the site early.
Rowling also announced Thursday that the seven Harry Potter novels will be available as eBooks beginning in October, exclusively on Pottermore.com.
But Rowling shot down rumors that she's working on an eighth book.
Her Harry Potter books have sold more than 400 million copies worldwide.
The final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, hits theaters July 15.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)