'Predators' Co-Writer Tapped for 'Hellified' at Paramount (Exclusive)
Michael Finch, who co-wrote 2010’s Predators, has been tapped to write Hellified, a supernatural action project set at Paramount and being produced by Di Bonaventura Pictures that is getting a new breath of life.
Originally picked up in June 2009 as a spec by Andy Burg, the story follows a strike force, comprised of criminals, that goes to hell in order to stop the End of Days.
Second-unit director and stunt coordinator-turned-Red Dawn director Dan Bradley was attached at the time, when the script's hell was conceived as a CGI-created inferno overrun by demons.
The project has been scaled back in the VFX department (and with Bradley gone) to accommodate a more moderate budget, and hell is now being envisioned as a ruined, bombed-out urban landscape.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian are producing.
Finch recently worked on American Assassin, an adaptation of the Vince Flynn novel, which di Bonaventura is producing with Nick Wechsler for CBS Films. Bruce Willis is attached to star.
Verve-repped Finch is also penning for Universal Hero Factory with frequent collaborator Alex Litvak, which is based on the Lego toy line.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!