'Predators' Co-Writer Tapped for 'Hellified' at Paramount (Exclusive)
Michael Finch, who co-wrote 2010’s Predators, has been tapped to write Hellified, a supernatural action project set at Paramount and being produced by Di Bonaventura Pictures that is getting a new breath of life.
Originally picked up in June 2009 as a spec by Andy Burg, the story follows a strike force, comprised of criminals, that goes to hell in order to stop the End of Days.
Second-unit director and stunt coordinator-turned-Red Dawn director Dan Bradley was attached at the time, when the script's hell was conceived as a CGI-created inferno overrun by demons.
The project has been scaled back in the VFX department (and with Bradley gone) to accommodate a more moderate budget, and hell is now being envisioned as a ruined, bombed-out urban landscape.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian are producing.
Finch recently worked on American Assassin, an adaptation of the Vince Flynn novel, which di Bonaventura is producing with Nick Wechsler for CBS Films. Bruce Willis is attached to star.
Verve-repped Finch is also penning for Universal Hero Factory with frequent collaborator Alex Litvak, which is based on the Lego toy line.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR