President Obama, Nichelle Nichols Give Vulcan Salute at the White House (Photo)
The "Star Trek" legend, who played Lt. Uhura, met with the Commander-in-Chief; the two posed together in the Oval Office, flashing the iconic sign.
Sure, she spent years probing the depths of space and fan conventions, but Nichelle Nichols still looked pretty excited to visit the Oval Office. And in turn, President Obama seemed ecstatic to meet the legendary Lt. Uhura.
Nichols posted a photo she took with the President to her Twitter on Tuesday night, writing, "Taken 2/29/12 in the Oval Office - Live Long & Prosper!"
In town at the time for a NASA event, when she visited the White House, she sent out a series of excited messages.
"I was honored to get a chance to meet with Pres Barack Obame [sic] today in the White House. He was as charming and handsome as I had expected," Nichols tweeted, then writing, "Months ago Pres Obama was quoted as saying that he'd had a crush on me when he was younger. I asked about that & he proudly confirmed it!"
She also added that, "President Obama also confirmed for me that he was defintely a Trekker! How wonderful is that?!"
Back in 2010, Leonard Nimoy, who as Mr. Spock popularized the Vulcan salute, also has said that Obama was a Trek fan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR