'Prison Break' Actor Joins 'R.I.P.D.' (Exclusive)
Robert Knepper will play one of the spirits in Universal's supernatural action movie starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges.
Robert Knepper, perhaps best known as a scene-stealing villain on TV’s Prison Break, has joined R.I.P.D., Universal’s supernatural action movie starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges based on the Dark Horse comic.
Robert Schwentke is directing the movie, which began production last week in Boston.
The story centers on a murdered cop (Reynolds) who is recruited to work in the Rest in Peace Department, a police force comprised of ghosts who battle spirits unready to depart this world.
Knepper will play one of the spirits, known as a “deado” in the movie’s lingo.
Kevin Bacon, James Hong, Marisa Miller, Mary-Louise Parker, and Stephanie Szostak are also in the cast.
Knepper, who also did a stint on NBC’s Heroes, is coming off an NBC pilot titled Reconstruction. He recently signed with Innovative Artists and continues to be repped by Framework.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'