'Prison Break' Actor Joins 'R.I.P.D.' (Exclusive)
Robert Knepper will play one of the spirits in Universal's supernatural action movie starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges.
Robert Knepper, perhaps best known as a scene-stealing villain on TV’s Prison Break, has joined R.I.P.D., Universal’s supernatural action movie starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges based on the Dark Horse comic.
Robert Schwentke is directing the movie, which began production last week in Boston.
The story centers on a murdered cop (Reynolds) who is recruited to work in the Rest in Peace Department, a police force comprised of ghosts who battle spirits unready to depart this world.
Knepper will play one of the spirits, known as a “deado” in the movie’s lingo.
Kevin Bacon, James Hong, Marisa Miller, Mary-Louise Parker, and Stephanie Szostak are also in the cast.
Knepper, who also did a stint on NBC’s Heroes, is coming off an NBC pilot titled Reconstruction. He recently signed with Innovative Artists and continues to be repped by Framework.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'