'Prometheus' Ad Touts Michael Fassbender as Weyland Industries Robot David (Video)
Ridley Scott's long-awaited "Aliens" prequel ramps up its viral campaign with a faux-ad for the synthetic human played by the Irish star.
In his breakout 2011, Michael Fassbender made a specialty out of playing emotionally distant men (and mutant) in films such as Shame and X-Men: First Class, so playing a full-on robot was the obvious next step. Enter: Prometheus.
In Ridley Scott's upcoming film, the Golden Globe-nominee features as David, a synthetic human from the Weyland Institute who can talk, behave and even emote like a real person, but with a robotic anatomy that is clear of any of those pesky heartstrings that get in the way of pure, cold efficiency during the difficult or distressing jobs that are regularly required in the dystopian future.
His features are highlighted in the latest promotional video for the film, which is one of the most anticipated big screen blockbusters of the summer -- if Scott has plans to differentiate his flick from all the others.
"We're almost action-filmed out, almost science fiction-filmed out," Scott told an audience at WonderCon last month. "So the baseline question is: how original are you going to be?"
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!