'Prometheus' Ad Touts Michael Fassbender as Weyland Industries Robot David (Video)
Ridley Scott's long-awaited "Aliens" prequel ramps up its viral campaign with a faux-ad for the synthetic human played by the Irish star.
In his breakout 2011, Michael Fassbender made a specialty out of playing emotionally distant men (and mutant) in films such as Shame and X-Men: First Class, so playing a full-on robot was the obvious next step. Enter: Prometheus.
In Ridley Scott's upcoming film, the Golden Globe-nominee features as David, a synthetic human from the Weyland Institute who can talk, behave and even emote like a real person, but with a robotic anatomy that is clear of any of those pesky heartstrings that get in the way of pure, cold efficiency during the difficult or distressing jobs that are regularly required in the dystopian future.
His features are highlighted in the latest promotional video for the film, which is one of the most anticipated big screen blockbusters of the summer -- if Scott has plans to differentiate his flick from all the others.
"We're almost action-filmed out, almost science fiction-filmed out," Scott told an audience at WonderCon last month. "So the baseline question is: how original are you going to be?"
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong