'Prometheus' Ad Touts Michael Fassbender as Weyland Industries Robot David (Video)
Ridley Scott's long-awaited "Aliens" prequel ramps up its viral campaign with a faux-ad for the synthetic human played by the Irish star.
In his breakout 2011, Michael Fassbender made a specialty out of playing emotionally distant men (and mutant) in films such as Shame and X-Men: First Class, so playing a full-on robot was the obvious next step. Enter: Prometheus.
In Ridley Scott's upcoming film, the Golden Globe-nominee features as David, a synthetic human from the Weyland Institute who can talk, behave and even emote like a real person, but with a robotic anatomy that is clear of any of those pesky heartstrings that get in the way of pure, cold efficiency during the difficult or distressing jobs that are regularly required in the dystopian future.
His features are highlighted in the latest promotional video for the film, which is one of the most anticipated big screen blockbusters of the summer -- if Scott has plans to differentiate his flick from all the others.
"We're almost action-filmed out, almost science fiction-filmed out," Scott told an audience at WonderCon last month. "So the baseline question is: how original are you going to be?"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!