'Prometheus': Chaos Abounds in First Trailer (Video)
"Alien" director Ridley Scott returns to outer space, and it's not a safe place.
Following the release of several teasers, the one-minute actual trailer of Ridley Scott's sci-fi adventure Prometheus has debuted online.
And as with the director's Alien, outer space is neither a safe or hospitable place.
Right off the bat, we know things go bad in the 20th Century Fox movie because the trailer opens with radio chatter that ends with a woman's voice saying, "I was so wrong. I'm so sorry."
That's the only dialogue spoken in the preview, which is filled with quick cuts of space crafts, planetary landscapes, all-terrain vehicles, the interior of either a space craft or a space station and Charlize Theron running for her life.
The ominous, repeated pounding of a single note indicates that sh-- is going bad and glimpses of an explosion in someone's space helmet, crews fire-spraying areas, explosions, and giant boulders falling on the ground as humans run to avoid them prove it.
The tagline shown in the trailer reads: "They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end."
Prometheus will be in theaters June 8, 2012.
It stars Theron, Luther's Idris Elba, Micheal Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan