'Prometheus': Chaos Abounds in First Trailer (Video)
"Alien" director Ridley Scott returns to outer space, and it's not a safe place.
Following the release of several teasers, the one-minute actual trailer of Ridley Scott's sci-fi adventure Prometheus has debuted online.
And as with the director's Alien, outer space is neither a safe or hospitable place.
Right off the bat, we know things go bad in the 20th Century Fox movie because the trailer opens with radio chatter that ends with a woman's voice saying, "I was so wrong. I'm so sorry."
That's the only dialogue spoken in the preview, which is filled with quick cuts of space crafts, planetary landscapes, all-terrain vehicles, the interior of either a space craft or a space station and Charlize Theron running for her life.
The ominous, repeated pounding of a single note indicates that sh-- is going bad and glimpses of an explosion in someone's space helmet, crews fire-spraying areas, explosions, and giant boulders falling on the ground as humans run to avoid them prove it.
The tagline shown in the trailer reads: "They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end."
Prometheus will be in theaters June 8, 2012.
It stars Theron, Luther's Idris Elba, Micheal Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014