'Prometheus': Chaos Abounds in First Trailer (Video)
"Alien" director Ridley Scott returns to outer space, and it's not a safe place.
Following the release of several teasers, the one-minute actual trailer of Ridley Scott's sci-fi adventure Prometheus has debuted online.
And as with the director's Alien, outer space is neither a safe or hospitable place.
Right off the bat, we know things go bad in the 20th Century Fox movie because the trailer opens with radio chatter that ends with a woman's voice saying, "I was so wrong. I'm so sorry."
That's the only dialogue spoken in the preview, which is filled with quick cuts of space crafts, planetary landscapes, all-terrain vehicles, the interior of either a space craft or a space station and Charlize Theron running for her life.
The ominous, repeated pounding of a single note indicates that sh-- is going bad and glimpses of an explosion in someone's space helmet, crews fire-spraying areas, explosions, and giant boulders falling on the ground as humans run to avoid them prove it.
The tagline shown in the trailer reads: "They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end."
Prometheus will be in theaters June 8, 2012.
It stars Theron, Luther's Idris Elba, Micheal Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'