'Prometheus': Chaos Abounds in First Trailer (Video)
"Alien" director Ridley Scott returns to outer space, and it's not a safe place.
Following the release of several teasers, the one-minute actual trailer of Ridley Scott's sci-fi adventure Prometheus has debuted online.
And as with the director's Alien, outer space is neither a safe or hospitable place.
Right off the bat, we know things go bad in the 20th Century Fox movie because the trailer opens with radio chatter that ends with a woman's voice saying, "I was so wrong. I'm so sorry."
That's the only dialogue spoken in the preview, which is filled with quick cuts of space crafts, planetary landscapes, all-terrain vehicles, the interior of either a space craft or a space station and Charlize Theron running for her life.
The ominous, repeated pounding of a single note indicates that sh-- is going bad and glimpses of an explosion in someone's space helmet, crews fire-spraying areas, explosions, and giant boulders falling on the ground as humans run to avoid them prove it.
The tagline shown in the trailer reads: "They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end."
Prometheus will be in theaters June 8, 2012.
It stars Theron, Luther's Idris Elba, Micheal Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!