'Prometheus' Short Unveiled at TED Conference (Video)
The scene that teases the backstory for Ridley Scott's "Alien" prequel features Guy Pearce.
Ridley Scott and Damon Lindeloff unveiled a short tied to their summer blockbuster Prometheus today at TED 2012, the technology conference.
The clip was conceived and designed by Scott and Lindelof, directed by Luke Scott, and features Guy Pearce as a technology and corporate titan named Peter Weyland making a speech at a TED conference in 2023.
The scene is not in the movie but is supposed to give us some tantalizing backstory for the film, which opens June 8.
What's it telling us? Far be it from me to un-Rubik the cube that is Lindelof's brain but it is interseting to note that in the short, Pearce is playing a guy named Weyland but in the movie he is playing a guy called Stannison.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR