'Prometheus' Short Unveiled at TED Conference (Video)
The scene that teases the backstory for Ridley Scott's "Alien" prequel features Guy Pearce.
Ridley Scott and Damon Lindeloff unveiled a short tied to their summer blockbuster Prometheus today at TED 2012, the technology conference.
The clip was conceived and designed by Scott and Lindelof, directed by Luke Scott, and features Guy Pearce as a technology and corporate titan named Peter Weyland making a speech at a TED conference in 2023.
The scene is not in the movie but is supposed to give us some tantalizing backstory for the film, which opens June 8.
What's it telling us? Far be it from me to un-Rubik the cube that is Lindelof's brain but it is interseting to note that in the short, Pearce is playing a guy named Weyland but in the movie he is playing a guy called Stannison.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014