'Psych' Star Directing Blood-Splattered Dark Comedy 'Gravy'
James Roday is making his feature directorial debut on the movie, which is starring Sutton Foster, Michael Weston and Jimmi Simpson.
Bunheads star Sutton Foster, Michael Weston and Jimmi Simpson are starring in Gravy, a genre-bending thriller being directed by James Roday, best known as one of the stars of USA’s Psych.
Principal photography began Friday on the blood-splattered dark comedy, whose cast also includes Lily Cole, Gabourey Sidibe, Sarah Silverman, Paul Rodriguez, Molly Ephraim, Lothaire Bluteau, Gabriel Luna and Ethan Sandler.
While Roday, who wrote the script with Todd Harthan, is keeping the plot shrouded, it is known to follow three friends who try to find the perfect meal on Halloween night and enter a Mexican cantina. The catch is that the trio call for a specific cuisine.
Kerry Rock and Craig Chapman are producing. The Solution Entertainment Group’s Myles Nestel is executive producing with Larry Taube and Todd Harthan.
Synchronicity Entertainment is selling the film.
Gravy is Roday’s feature directorial debut. He has, however, directed six episodes of Psych and co-written 14 of the series’ episodes.
He is repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR