'Psych' Star Directing Blood-Splattered Dark Comedy 'Gravy'
James Roday is making his feature directorial debut on the movie, which is starring Sutton Foster, Michael Weston and Jimmi Simpson.
Bunheads star Sutton Foster, Michael Weston and Jimmi Simpson are starring in Gravy, a genre-bending thriller being directed by James Roday, best known as one of the stars of USA’s Psych.
Principal photography began Friday on the blood-splattered dark comedy, whose cast also includes Lily Cole, Gabourey Sidibe, Sarah Silverman, Paul Rodriguez, Molly Ephraim, Lothaire Bluteau, Gabriel Luna and Ethan Sandler.
While Roday, who wrote the script with Todd Harthan, is keeping the plot shrouded, it is known to follow three friends who try to find the perfect meal on Halloween night and enter a Mexican cantina. The catch is that the trio call for a specific cuisine.
Kerry Rock and Craig Chapman are producing. The Solution Entertainment Group’s Myles Nestel is executive producing with Larry Taube and Todd Harthan.
Synchronicity Entertainment is selling the film.
Gravy is Roday’s feature directorial debut. He has, however, directed six episodes of Psych and co-written 14 of the series’ episodes.
He is repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!