'The Purge' to Become Touring Horror Show
The mobile attraction will visit cities across the country in the weeks leading up to the July 18 release of "The Purge: Anarchy."
This summer, fans of The Purge will be able to experience what it's like to be in the terrifying world of the movies.
Ahead of the release of The Purge: Anarchy, the sequel to last summer's low-budget horror hit, Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions are bringing The Purge: Breakout attraction to cities across the country.
The immersive experience places people inside the annual Purge Night, 12 hours every year when all crime is legal. Groups of visitors will be held captive by a demented psychopath, 30 minutes before the purge begins and must work together to solve a series of increasingly complicated, mind-bending puzzles to escape captivity.
"Our goal with The Purge: Breakout is to bring the universe of The Purge films directly to the audience," Blumhouse CEO Jason Blum said in a statement. "This experience allows fans across the county the chance to immerse themselves in the intricate world that the series' writer-director, James DeMonaco, has so painstakingly crafted. We hope that they enjoy being scared out of their minds."
The mobile attraction begins in Atlanta on May 30 and spends weekends in Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago and Dallas before its final stop in Los Angeles, from July 11-20.
The Purge: Anarchy is set to hit theaters on July 18.
Tickets for Breakout, which cost $20 each, can be purchased here.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014