Quentin Tarantino to Co-Write Comic Book Series 'Django/Zorro'
Writer/director will co-plot a team-up between his western hero and the pulp swashbuckler to be co-published by DC Entertainment and Dynamite Entertainment.
Quentin Tarantino is returning to the world of Django Freeman, the star of his 2012 Academy Award-winning Django Unchained in the least likely way imaginable—as the co-writer of a comic book sequel to the movie that will team the character with long-lived pulp hero Zorro.
Django/Zorro will be co-plotted by Tarantino and comic book writer Matt Wagner, with the latter providing the final script. “I'm very very excited about both this story and the opportunity to work with Matt,” Tarantino said in a statement released by Dynamite Entertainment, co-publisher (with DC Entertainment) of the mini-series. “It was reading his Zorro stories that convinced me what a good idea it was to join these two icons together. And the story idea we came up with is thrilling, and I think will be an exciting new chapter for both characters.”
The original Django Unchained was adapted into a seven-issue miniseries by DC Entertainment in 2013, with writer and producer Reginald Hudlin handling the scripting chores for the project, and artist R.M. Guera illustrating. Hudlin, who’s working on Django/Zorro as editor, pointed out that the series is the first time Tarantino has “explored the continuing adventures of one of the characters from his films,” underscoring the uniqueness of the project.
Dynamite publisher and CEO Nick Barrucci called Django/Zorro a “dream project,” adding “I can’t express how happy I am to co-publish this series with DC Entertainment, and release what is sure to be the cross-over event of the year.”
The series is set for release in the second half of 2014.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!