'The Raid 2' Gets a Release Date
Gareth Evans wrote and directed the follow-up to his cult 2011 action movie.
Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films have set a March 28, 2014 release date for The Raid 2, Gareth Evans' highly-anticipated sequel to his cult Indonesian action movie The Raid: Redemption.
The original was one of the break-out hits of the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival, with its bone-crunching action featuring Indonesian fighting style called pencak silat, and told about a police squad who had the misfortune of getting stuck in a tenement run by a ruthless warlord.
Evans, who wrote and directed the original, jumped back in for the sequel, which will premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.
According to the producers, the new film picks up "right where the first film left off and follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force."
Ario Sagantoro of Merantau Films as well as Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films are the producers.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive