'The Raid 2' Gets a Release Date
Gareth Evans wrote and directed the follow-up to his cult 2011 action movie.
Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films have set a March 28, 2014 release date for The Raid 2, Gareth Evans' highly-anticipated sequel to his cult Indonesian action movie The Raid: Redemption.
The original was one of the break-out hits of the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival, with its bone-crunching action featuring Indonesian fighting style called pencak silat, and told about a police squad who had the misfortune of getting stuck in a tenement run by a ruthless warlord.
Evans, who wrote and directed the original, jumped back in for the sequel, which will premiere at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.
According to the producers, the new film picks up "right where the first film left off and follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force."
Ario Sagantoro of Merantau Films as well as Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films are the producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR