'The Raid 2' International Trailer Packs a Punch (Video)
Gareth Evans' follow-up to his cult 2011 action movie will premiere at Sundance before hitting theaters in the U.S. on March 28.
It was recently announced that The Raid 2, Gareth Evans' follow-up to his cult 2011 action movie, will hit theaters in the U.S. in March after its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January.
Now, the first international trailer for the action sequel has hit the web, revealing that Officer Rama (Iko Uwais) will be recruited to go undercover and into jail to get close to the son of a new mob boss, Bangun. The trailer starts off slowly (explaining that Rama's family is at risk) and then builds to an explosion of intense action scenes. (Watch below.)
The original, The Raid: Redemption, featuring an Indonesian fighting style called pencak silat, was one of the breakout hits of the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival. THR's review stated: "Quite simply, this movie is a whole mess of bone-crunching, face-pummeling, throat-slicing and fist-pounding awesomeness. The midnight screening had people cheering, wincing and shaking their heads in disbelief."
Sony Pictures Classics and Stage 6 Films will release The Raid 2: Berandal in the U.S. on March 28.
Ario Sagantoro, of Merantau Films, as well as Aram Tertzakian and Nate Bolotin, of XYZ Films, are the producers.
Watch the international trailer below.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life