Rainbow Rowell Signs Two Graphic Novel Deal with First Second
The critically acclaimed novelist will work with Faith Erin Hicks on the first of two books for First Second.
Novelist Rainbow Rowell drew a lot of critical praise last year for her two 2013 releases, Eleanor & Park and Fangirl, with both appearing on lists of the best Young Adult books of the year. With this kind of buzz, Rowell chose the most obvious next step for her career: writing comic books.
The author has signed a two-book deal with Macmillan imprint :01 First Second, with Faith Erin Hicks -- the wonderful cartoonist behind Friends With Boys, The War at Ellesmere and the comic book version of The Last of Us -- signed on to illustrate the first of the graphic novels.
"This project is a dream come true for me -- three dreams come true: to get to write a graphic novel, to work with First Second, to collaborate with Faith," Rowell told Entertainment Weekly about the announcement. "I know that sounds like hyperbole, but I've been over the moon about this project."
On Twitter, Hicks shared Rowell's happiness about the project. "I am so excited about this project," she wrote. "I love love love [Rowell's] writing [and am] so honored she wanted to work with me."
No release date has been set for the two books, which remain untitled at this time.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR