Rainn Wilson, Mike Vogel Joining Horror Pic 'The Boy'
David Morse and Zuleikha Robinson also are joining the cast.
Rainn Wilson, David Morse, Mike Vogel, Zuleikha Robinson and Bill Sage have joined The Boy, the serial killer movie being produced by SpectreVision.
SpectreVision is the horror-oriented shingle run by Elijah Wood, Josh C. Waller and Daniel Noah. It is coming off the Sundance debuts of Cooties, in which Wilson co-starred, and A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.
Boy is the first movie of a planned trilogy that will track the childhood of a future serial killer. The films will explore the killer at the ages of 9, 14 and 18, culminating with him becoming an iconic mass murderer. Jared Breeze is playing the boy.
Craig Macneill is directing the movie from a screenplay by him and Clay McLeod Chapman, who created the characters in his novel Miss Corpus. Shooting began Feb. 17 in Medellin, Colombia. Chiller Films is involved in the production with SpectreVision.
Wilson's role is described as an enigmatic stranger who intrigues the young boy. Morse will play the boy's father and owner of a motel.
Vogel (Under the Dome) and Robinson (Homeland) are playing a married couple who, along with their son, spend the night at the motel while Sage (Boardwalk Empire) is the sheriff of the rural town where the story takes place.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR