Rare 'Star Trek' Phaser Sold for $231,000 at Auction
The unique prop was used by William Shatner only once in the original series.
A one-of-a-kind phaser rifle used by William Shatner in the second pilot episode made for the original Star Trek series sold for $231,000 at an auction conducted by Julien's.
The price is the second-highest paid at auction for a prop from the 1960s edition of Star Trek, surpassed only by the $304,750 a collector laid out for the captain's chair in 2008. A miniature special effects model of the enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation sold for $576,000 in 2006.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wants Autographed Pic Of Himself & Nelson Mandela
- Adrian Grenier Wants Everyone to Recycle & Take Care Of the Ocean!
- Rosario Dawson & Chrissy Teigen Stun at Belgian National Day Celebration
- Azealia Banks Teases New Single 'Heavy Metal & Reflective' After Partying with Tinie Tempah!