'The Raven:' John Cusack's Edgar Allan Poe Becomes a Private Investgator (VIDEO)
In James McTeigue's thriller, Cusack's Poe gets recruited by a policeman (Luke Evans) to search for a killer working from the writer's iconic works.
Relativity Media premiered a new TV spot Monday for The Raven, director James McTeigue's forthcoming horror-themed murder mystery set in the time of Edgar Allan Poe. John Cusack (Hot Tub Time Machine) plays the iconic writer, who is recruited by the authorities to uncover the identity of a killer whose victims are dispatched according to scenarios in Poe's work.
The new clip sets up the film, in which a police inspector (Luke Evans, Immortals) solicits the writer’s help. "Edgar Allen Poe, we are in need of your unwholesome expertise," he says. The remaining footage showcases the elaborate murder scenes, which evoke various Poe stories, including The Pit and the Pendulum and The Fall of the House of Usher.
The Raven is McTeigue's first film since Ninja Assassin, and the clip highlights his earlier work as the director of V for Vendetta. Cusack's previous film The Factory was little-seen by audiences, but it too explores a serial-killer story.
Check out the clip below, which premiered at the website io9.com. The Raven opens nationwide April 27, 2012.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!