'The Raven:' John Cusack's Edgar Allan Poe Becomes a Private Investgator (VIDEO)
In James McTeigue's thriller, Cusack's Poe gets recruited by a policeman (Luke Evans) to search for a killer working from the writer's iconic works.
Relativity Media premiered a new TV spot Monday for The Raven, director James McTeigue's forthcoming horror-themed murder mystery set in the time of Edgar Allan Poe. John Cusack (Hot Tub Time Machine) plays the iconic writer, who is recruited by the authorities to uncover the identity of a killer whose victims are dispatched according to scenarios in Poe's work.
The new clip sets up the film, in which a police inspector (Luke Evans, Immortals) solicits the writer’s help. "Edgar Allen Poe, we are in need of your unwholesome expertise," he says. The remaining footage showcases the elaborate murder scenes, which evoke various Poe stories, including The Pit and the Pendulum and The Fall of the House of Usher.
The Raven is McTeigue's first film since Ninja Assassin, and the clip highlights his earlier work as the director of V for Vendetta. Cusack's previous film The Factory was little-seen by audiences, but it too explores a serial-killer story.
Check out the clip below, which premiered at the website io9.com. The Raven opens nationwide April 27, 2012.
Follow Heat Vision
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor