Ray Park Hopes to Return in New 'Star Wars'
The "Phantom Menace" and "G.I. Joe" actor says that he would "lock myself in a cabin" for the chance to play Darth Maul one more time.
There's been a lot of chatter about the potential for characters like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa to return in 2015's Star Wars: Episode VII. But what about characters from the prequel trilogy? At least one person wants to see them return -- well, the one that he played, at least.
Interviewed by British site Flicks and the City at the recent London Film & Comic Con, Ray Park -- who, in addition to Star Wars, has made appearances in both the X-Men and G.I. Joe franchises -- said that he would love to see a return for his Episode I: The Phantom Menace character in the next installment.
"I've said that I would play anything to do with 'Star Wars,' " he said. "But really, deep down, I would love to come back as Darth Maul -- that's what I want to do. I would go crazy, go mental, lock myself in a cabin, you know. Do the whole 'method' for two or three months, spear-fishing and stuff, just to play the character again."
For those who want to point out that Maul was killed in The Phantom Menace, you've just outed yourself as someone who doesn't watch the animated Clone Wars spin-off. In that series, it was revealed that Maul had survived being cut in two by a lightsaber and soon ended up in the dark side of the Force again. If being bisected didn't bother him, there's no reason to think that aging would, theoretically making him available for Episode VII. The ball's in your court, J.J. Abrams.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!