RCR Media Group to Co-Finance 'Highlander' Reboot
Summit Entertainment will also back director Justin Lin's take on the 1986 film.
CANNES -- There can be only two?
RCR Media Group has come aboard to co-finance Summit Entertainment’s reboot of Highlander, which Neal H. Moritz’s Original Films is producing and Justin Lin, hot off Fast Five, is set to direct. Mortiz and Peter Davis are producing the project, while RCR execs Rui Costa Reis and Eliad Josephson will serve as executive producers.
“Highlander is a property that is known around the world, and Summit’s re-imagination is sure to appeal to both existing and new fans of the Highlander lore,” said Reis.
Based on the 1986 film, Highlander follows an immortal Scottish swordsman who must do epic battle with the last of his kind, a brutal barbarian.
Iron Man co-writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway originally wrote the new film’s screenplay, which Twilight scribe Melissa Rosenberg was recently hired to work on, as well.
RCR, which retains a deal with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions to finance a slate of films, has Quarantine 2: Terminal and Jack and Diane forthcoming.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!