Read the First Four Pages of DC's Green Arrow: Count Vertigo (Exclusive)
Oliver Queen's nemesis takes over his comic book for September to explain where he came from and what made him as dangerous as he is.
Next week sees the start of DC Comics' "Villains Month," as the publisher's regular superhero titles find themselves overrun by the bad guys for the entirety of September to launch Forever Evil, a new storyline in which the bad guys actually manage to take over the world (If you're wondering why the Justice League didn't stop that happening, it might have something to do with their being dead).
As part of Villains Month, the regular Green Arrow comic becomes Count Vertigo for an issue, with the background of Oliver Queen's arch enemy revealed in a story by upcoming Justice League Canada writer Jeff Lemire and the amazing artist Andrea Sorrentino. If you've previously only seen Count Vertigo on The CW's Arrow or Cartoon Network's Young Justice, you might be in for a surprise when you discover what Lemire and Sorrentino have up their sleeves, as you can see in this exclusive preview of the first four pages of the issue.
Green Arrow #23.1: Count Vertigo will be available in comic stores and digitally on Wednesday, Sept. 4.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'