Rebecca Hall Joins Johnny Depp in 'Transcendence'
Wally Pfister, the cinematographer for filmmaker Christopher Nolan, is making his directorial debut with the project.
Rebecca Hall is joining Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany in Transcendence, the directorial debut of Christopher Nolan’s cinematographer Wally Pfister.
Alcon Entertainment is financing and producing the project.
Plot details have been closely guarded, but the film is described as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. Depp stars as a man who creates a computer program that develops an awareness.
Hall will play Depp’s wife, a fellow academic.
Principal photography is set to begin in April in Los Angeles. The movie is to be released in mid-2014 by Warner Bros.
Marisa Polvino, Annie Marter and Kate Cohen are producing with David Valdes as well as Alcon’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove.
Hall, who worked with Nolan on the filmmaker’s period magician movie The Prestige, recently wrapped a role in Iron Man 3.
She is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR