'Red 2' to be Directed by Dean Parisot
Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman are likely to return for the sequel to the hit 2010 comedy.
Dean Parisot is in final negotiations to direct the sequel to Summit¹s hit action movie Red.
Red saw Bruce Willis lead a cast that included Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman, among others, as over-the-hill special ops agents forced out of retirement.
The quartet is expected to return for the sequel, although no deals are signed and sealed.
Robert Schwentke directed the first movie, which hit theatres in the fall 2010 and grossed almost $200 million worldwide. The movie gave Summit another franchise on top of its Twilight movies and showed the still-strong viability of older actors such as Willis.
Erich and Jon Hoeber, who wrote the script for the first installment, penned the sequel.
Summit, which has been bought by Lionsgate, is eying a production start later in the year, most likely after Willis shoots Die Hard 5.
Parisot, who last directed 2005's Fun With Dick and Jane, beat out several other directors for the gig. The CAA-repped director is best known for helming 1999's action comedy Galaxy Quest.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'