'Red Dawn' First Look: Chris Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson Go Guerrilla (Photos)
The long-delayed '80s remake hits theaters Nov. 21 and also stars Josh Peck.
Red Dawn is finally invading theaters, and we’ve got the photographic evidence to prove it.
The remake of the 1984 film was filmed in 2009, but was famously held up because of MGM’s financial woes. The filmmakers later digitally edited the film’s invaders to make them North Korean. (They were originally Chinese.)
In the intervening years, Red Dawn has retroactively become a franchise crossover of sorts, with The Avengers' Chris Hemsworth and The Hunger Games’ Josh Hutcherson in starring roles. Josh Peck plays the third in a group of close friends who wake up one morning to find their Washington town -- and the U.S. -- under siege from foreign invaders.
Judging from the photos, the boys don’t like this one bit. They form a band of guerrilla fighters called the Wolverines in an attempt to win back their town’s freedom.
The film hits theaters Nov. 21 and also stars Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights), Isabel Lucas (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen), Connor Cruise (Seven Pounds) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Watchmen). Dan Bradley is directing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR