'Red White & Blue' Director Tapped to Helm 'The Last Word' (Exclusive)
Peter Facinelli's A&SLE Films is among the entities producing the based-on-true-events tale.
Simon Rumley, best known in horror circles for directing the thriller Red White & Blue, has been tapped to direct the paranormal-themed project The Last Word.
A7SLE Films principals Peter Facinelli and Rob DeFranco, along with Eric Gores and Frank Mancuso Jr. of Boss Media, are producing. It was announced in April that FilmDistrict will co-finance with Boss Media.
Based on true events, Word centers on the strange and tragic aftermath endured by the participants in the trial of a young man in Texas who was wrongly convicted and executed for the rape and murder of a nun.
Ben Ketai wrote the script.
Word will be the biggest movie to date for Rumpley, whose Red White & Blue was distributed by IFC Midnight and made the festival rounds, garnering him a cult following.
The London-based Rumley is part of the new wave of horror directors that includes Ti West and Adam Wingard (You're Next) and took part in the anthology The ABC’s of Death, helming the segment P is for Pressure.
He is repped by APA, Aperture and Bloom Hergott.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR