ReedPOP, DCA Enterprises Team for New Oz Comic-Con Shows
The organizers of New York Comic Con partner to expand their global footprint by getting involved with a series of conventions across Australia.
Australian comic book fans can expect "an exciting new era" for comic book conventions with the news that ReedPOP, the company behind New York Comic Con and Chicago's C2E2 convention, has partnered with Oz Comic-Con organizers DCA Enterprises to rework the series of comic book and pop culture shows across the country.
"Teaming ReedPOP, the world’s leading producer of pop culture events, with Oz Comic-Con, Australia's top series of pop culture shows, was a natural fit,” said Lance Fensterman, ReedPOP’s global vice president, in a statement accompanying the announcement. Rand Ratinac, director of DCA Enterprises, said that he was "delighted" by the partnership. "We remain committed to this support of Australia’s creative and trade industries and, by merging the experience and resources of DCA Enterprises and ReedPOP, we will be opening the door to considerable local and international opportunities and recognition for them," he added.
This isn't the first time ReedPOP has expanded into the Australian market; last year, the company took the successful Penny Arcade Expo video game convention over there with the first PAX Australia, which brought 35,000 gamers to Melbourne.
ReedPOP famously landed itself in hot water during last year's New York Comic Con when it emerged that the organization was sending social media messages from attendees' accounts without their knowledge as soon as they entered the convention space. The company has since apologized for its "eagerness" in promoting the show.
The partnership between ReedPOP and DCA will officially begin at the upcoming Perth and Adelaide conventions, with ReedPOP executives in attendance to "experience the expos from the perspective of attendees, guests and exhibitors alike and increase their understanding of what drives the Australian audience," according to the announcement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'