ReedPOP's 'Special Edition: NYC' Will Be Comic Con, but Smaller
New York Comic Con organizers confirm second show for the city, which will be kept "really pure to comics" with "a kind of an indie bent to it."
If you thought that the problem with New York Comic Con was that it only happened once a year, ReedPOP has some good news for you -- this summer, that's going to change, with the organization opening the smaller-scale "Special Edition: NYC" show, June 14-15.
"Special Edition: NYC" will have a tighter focus on the comic industry as opposed to NYCC's wider pop culture purview, according to ReedPOP's global vp Lance Fensterman. "We're trying to keep it really pure to comics," Fensterman told Comic Book Resources, adding that the show will have "a little bit of kind of an indie bent to it. Just something for that pure comic fan, and something for the creator community."
The show will be held in Javits Center North, which has housed NYCC's Artist Alley for the past two years, with capacity targeted at somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 people a day.
The choice of dates in the middle of June places the show in the same time period as Denver Comic Con, which runs June 13-15, and just a week before both HeroesCon in Charlotte, N.C., and Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con.
An official announcement about "Special Edition: NYC" is expected within the next couple of weeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10