Relativity Picks Up Life Rights to Demonic Possession Story (Exclusive)
The company has acquired the life rights to Latoya Ammons and her family, who underwent an exorcism in the wake of a series of bizarre and dangerous occurrences.
Relativity has won a bidding war to acquire the life rights to a woman and her family who are believed by some to be the victims of demonic possession.
Starting in 2011, Latoya Ammons and her three children experienced strange incidents in their home in Gary, Ind., as well as bizarre and dangerous episodes during which the kids began levitating, strangling one another and speaking in growls and deep voices with no recollection of having done so.
The Gary Police Department, Department of Child Services and the local church and hospital became involved, filing reports that took the supernatural occurrences seriously -- officers, doctors and social workers were witnesses to many of the incidents.
The Indianapolis Star wrote a lengthy piece on the Ammons family's ordeal and reported that even the DCS spoke about a hospital visit in which one of the 9-year-old sons walked backward up a wall and onto the ceiling with an "evil grin" on his face the whole time.
Exorcisms were performed with police standing by, showing how seriously they took the possibility of demonic possession. However, Ammons' children were still separated from her by the DCS, which thought she was abusing them by inducing them into delusions.
The story seems ready-made for a movie -- from Paranormal Activity to Insidious to The Conjuring, Hollywood and audiences have shown a love for the exorcism/possession genre. And already one player in the story, Rev. Michael Maginot, the priest who performed the exorcism, has made a deal with the shingle Evergreen Media. But Relativity now has the rights to the players who went through the experience firsthand.
Producers Jackson Nguyen and Todd Crites of Turn Left Productions will produce the movie with Relativity, which will finance, produce and distribute it.
Richard Potter, Relativity’s exec vp production & development, is overseeing the film on behalf of the studio.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized