Remember When Loki, the Mandarin and Sinestro Teamed Up to Sell a Car?
The actors behind some of the most memorable screen villains of recent years are brought together as part of Jaguar's Super Bowl ad campaign.
When it come to its ad for this year's Super Bowl, Jaguar is building its own team of super villains -- well, kind of. The auto manufacturer's 60 second spot will focus on the company's new F-TYPE coupe, as promoted by a particularly charming trio of tricksters: Iron Man 3's Sir Ben Kingsley, Thor's Tom Hiddleston and Green Lantern's Mark Strong.
"With the three renowned actors, Sir Ben, Tom and Mark, who have all played memorable film rogues, we have brought together the best of British film to star in a major motion picture caliber campaign that addresses the simple cultural observation that Brits often play the best villains in film," explained Jaguar North America brand vice president Jeff Curry, saying that the spot offers the company the chance to "present itself on the Super Bowl stage as a challenger to the usual luxury car suspects, with a unique cinematic expression of our modern British style."
The new campaign -- which will feature a 30-second version of the Super Bowl spot debuting online ahead of the game, along with 20-second versions post-game -- has already launched with a teaser ad available on YouTube (See video below) and an attendant promotional website already up and running.
"Jaguar is truly a beloved British brand and it's exciting to help them make some noise as they debut in a beloved American event, the Super Bowl," Kingsley said in a statement accompanying the official launch of the campaign. "As for being known for playing the roles of renowned villains, I’ll have to ponder that one -- I think I'm flattered?!"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game