Renny Harlin to Direct Jackie Chan, Seann William Scott in 'Skiptrace'
Fan Bingbing also is starring in the movie.
Renny Harlin is in talks to direct Skiptrace, an action adventure movie starring Jackie Chan and Seann William Scott and being made by China’s Talent International Film Co. and Dasym Entertainment.
Exclusive Media was previously behind the movie but since its disintegration, parent company Investment Strategies B.V. has moved it to subsidiary Dasym.
The newly launched sales company Bloom, run by former Exclusive exec Alex Walton as well as Ken Kao, now is running point on the film at Cannes.
Harlin replaces Sam Fell, who directed the animated film Paranorman and was to make his live-action debut on the English-language action comedy.
The story, based on an idea by Chan, centers on a good cop (Chan) whose niece (Fan Bingbing) gets into trouble with a crime syndicate run by a man the detective has been chasing for a decade. The cop is forced to track down the one person who can help save the niece -- a fast-talking American gambler (Scott) -- and bring him to Hong Kong.
Production is to begin in August.
Talent International and Dasym Entertainment will produce along with Chan, Esmond Ren, Charlie Coker, Damien Saccani and David Gerson.
Harlin is the director behind such action films as Die Hard 2, Long Kiss Goodbye and this year’s Legend of Hercules, which starred Kellan Lutz. He is repped by UTA.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!