Report: 'Days of Future Past' Second Only to 'Avatar' in Cost to Fox
Is next year's mutant movie really the second-most-expensive movie 20th Century Fox has ever produced?
With casts from both the First Class and original X-Men movie franchise, it had likely dawned on you by now that next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past will be a big movie -- but Avatar big?
A report in the Calgary Herald about the two-week reshoots for Bryan Singer's return to Fox's mutant superhero franchise has raised some eyebrows by referring to the movie as "the second-most-expensive movie ever produced by Hollywood studio 20th Century Fox, behind only Avatar."
For those paying attention at home, Avatar's official budget was $237 million dollars -- significantly higher than the last entries in the X-Men franchise, The Wolverine ($120 million budget) and X-Men: First Class ($160 million). Assuming that the Herald report is actually true, the fact that Days of Future Past has such a large cast is apparently being reflected in the movie's cost.
Avatar may be Fox's most expensive movie to date, but in terms of official budget, it's dwarfed by more recent blockbusters like John Carter, Spider-Man 3 and Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which was budgeted at $300 million. Singer has some way to go to take the crown -- but perhaps he could make it if he decides to make these two weeks of reshoots the most expensive two weeks in reshoot history! Go for the gold!
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game