'Resident Evil: Retribution' Trailer Hits Web Revealing Past and Future Details
Guns, fire, destruction reign after an innocent-seeming technology (read: Sony) commercial begins the teaser for the film, starring Milla Jovovich.
Umbrella Corporation has released the first trailer for the fifth installment of its Resident Evil franchise: Retribution.
In the film, the zombie-killing commences, with Alice (Milla Jovovich) on a mission to hunt down the people responsible for creating a deadly T-virus outbreak.
However, the trailer released to the web reveals very little about Alice's present-day existence. Yes, there are guns, hand-to-hand combat, explosions and overall action. But, the one minute and 17 second trailer opens with what seems to be a Sony "My World" commercial, before bringing the viewer to Alice, whose world seems to be one existing before the T-virus spread, turning most of the world into zombies.
The trailer is chock-full of flashbacks, leading one to believe this film will reveal details about Alice's past. Michelle Rodriguez also appears, returns to the franchised as the beloved as Rain Ocampo.
Resident Evil: Retribution 3D, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, opens Sept. 12.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR