'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Fends Off Alien Onslaught
The third entry in the sci-fi franchise hits theaters Sept. 6.
The latest trailer for Vin Diesel's Riddick recalls the claustrophobic nature of Pitch Black, even adding some dark moments of levity.
The sci-fi film -- the third entry in a franchise that began in 2000 with a basic thriller, then morphed into a space epic for a 2004 sequel -- sees the antihero left on a desolate planet as mercenaries and hostile aliens chase him.
The clip, teased with the line "Rule the Dark," showcases the grittier revival of the series. It appears to be a more PG-13 version of a red-band trailer that was released a few weeks ago.
"When the audience wanted it rated R, we knew we didn’t have to spend $200 million to make this movie," Vin Diesel told an audience at Comic-Con in July.
The film, set for release by Universal, will hit theaters Sept. 6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10