'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Fends Off Alien Onslaught
The third entry in the sci-fi franchise hits theaters Sept. 6.
The latest trailer for Vin Diesel's Riddick recalls the claustrophobic nature of Pitch Black, even adding some dark moments of levity.
The sci-fi film -- the third entry in a franchise that began in 2000 with a basic thriller, then morphed into a space epic for a 2004 sequel -- sees the antihero left on a desolate planet as mercenaries and hostile aliens chase him.
The clip, teased with the line "Rule the Dark," showcases the grittier revival of the series. It appears to be a more PG-13 version of a red-band trailer that was released a few weeks ago.
"When the audience wanted it rated R, we knew we didn’t have to spend $200 million to make this movie," Vin Diesel told an audience at Comic-Con in July.
The film, set for release by Universal, will hit theaters Sept. 6.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!