Ridley Scott's 'Monopoly' Movie Hires Writers (Exclusive)
Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will pen a script based on the Hasbro board game.
Monopoly may have been dropped by Universal but the project is still a hot piece of real estate.
Hasbro and Ridley Scott, who are producing the board game adaptation, are building up the property and have set Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski to pen a script.
The well-respected duo are best known for movies such as Ed Wood and People vs Larry Flynt, and more recently wrote the Stephen King adaptation 1408.
Producing Monopoly are Hasbro’s Bennett Schneir and Brian Goldner. Scott also is producing and is attached to direct.
Monopoly, which is about gaining market dominance via real estate and utilities, was one of the projects on which Universal and Hasbro partnered in 2008 to bring to the big-screen. It was also one of the projects dropped in recent months as Universal realigned its focus.
Ouija and Clue were some of the other titles let go, but all are still in active development. Ouija, unshackled last month, is still being scrutinized by other studios while Clue has Gore Verbinski working with Hasbro and newly hired writers Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama.
Harbro is funding the development of the projects.
Alexander and Karaszewski are repped by UTA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche