'Rio 2' Adds Kristin Chenoweth, Bruno Mars to Voice Cast
Anne Hathaway and Jamie Foxx will reprise their roles in the 20th Century Fox animated sequel.
There are still a few years left until Rio De Janeiro hosts the 2016 Summer Olympics, but audiences only have to wait until April 2014 to see the Brazilian paradise on the silver screen again. 20th Century Fox on Friday announced the full voice cast for their upcoming feature Rio 2, the sequel to the 2011 bird-centric animated film.
The cast for the family-friendly film will include Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, Jamie Foxx and will.i.am reprising their roles as a few of Rio's feathered inhabitants. New to the cast will be Andy Garcia, Kristin Chenoweth, X Factor season one finalist Rachel Crow and singer Bruno Mars, as well as NBC Today Show news anchor and South American native Natalie Morales.
Rio 2 will follow Blu (Eisenberg), a neurotic blue macaw, and Jewell (Hathaway), his free-spirited mate, as well as their three kids. The conflict of the film arises when Jewel expresses her desire to raise the chicks in the Amazon as "real birds" rather than in their current domesticated environment.
The film will be helmed by the original writer-director, Carlos Saldanha, and will incorporate into its narrative the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which is set to be hosted by Rio next year. Rio 2 will feature original music by Grammy winner Janelle Monae, who will also voice a character. It is set to be released on April 14, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR