'Rio' Blu-ray and DVD Sets Home Video Record
Film sold more than 2.5 million copies in North America in a week.
Rio so far has proven to be one of the better animated films of the year. The vibrant setting, the infectious music, the funny characters all overcame some of the movie’s more cliched animation tropes and the standard-romantic element and grossed close to $480 million worldwide.
So it’s not surprising the movie is doing great on home video.
Rio sold over 2.5 million copies in North America in its first six days, while the two-disc DVD and Blu-ray combo packs represents 40 percent of retail sales, according to Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. No dollar figures were given.
The company also said the movie, which was released Aug. 2, set a home video record as biggest selling family title ever for an August release in its Blu-ray and DVD debut.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws