'Rio' Blu-ray and DVD Sets Home Video Record
Film sold more than 2.5 million copies in North America in a week.
Rio so far has proven to be one of the better animated films of the year. The vibrant setting, the infectious music, the funny characters all overcame some of the movie’s more cliched animation tropes and the standard-romantic element and grossed close to $480 million worldwide.
So it’s not surprising the movie is doing great on home video.
Rio sold over 2.5 million copies in North America in its first six days, while the two-disc DVD and Blu-ray combo packs represents 40 percent of retail sales, according to Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. No dollar figures were given.
The company also said the movie, which was released Aug. 2, set a home video record as biggest selling family title ever for an August release in its Blu-ray and DVD debut.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding