'Nitro' Director Alain DesRochers Tapped for 'The Rising' (Exclusive)
The French filmmaker will helm Millennium/Nu Image's vampire film.
Alain DesRochers has come aboard to direct The Rising, a jungle action vampire movie being made by Millennium/Nu Image.
The company picked up the project as a spec from Paul Sloan last year.
The script is described as having been inspired by pulp heroes Doc Savage and Tarzan and revolves around a team of mercenaries whose search for a missing person in the jungles of Cambodia becomes a descent into the heart of darkness as they confront the dark force of a vampire.
Richard Salvatore and Bryan Brucks are producing.
French director DesRochers might be best known for helming and co-writing the 2007 French-Canadian actioner Nitro. The movie had the distinction of beating out, in Quebec, such studio fare as Live Free or Die Hard and Ratatouille.
DesRochers is repped by Echo Lake.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR