R.L. Stine Treats Fans to a Halloween Twitter Tale
The "Goosebumps" author gives his nearly 62,000 Twitter followers an eerie short story about a thieving farmer.
Leave it to the Goosebumps guy to spread some Halloween horror today.
R.L. Stine, the author of the popular Goosebumps children's horror series, tapped into his social media circle and posted an original short story geared towards today's Halloween festivities.
The tale, told in 13 twitter posts, tells the story of a farmer dealing with bare fields who maliciously steals pumpkin seeds from another farmer he runs into on a "dark country road."
Of course, after the brazen farmer plants the stolen seeds, all hell breaks loose.
Stine prefaced the short by tweeting, "Here is a Halloween story for kids. If you read it aloud, the last line should be SHOUTED..."
MediaBistro's GalleyCat blog captured the complete short story in a Storify post you can read here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR