R.L. Stine Treats Fans to a Halloween Twitter Tale
The "Goosebumps" author gives his nearly 62,000 Twitter followers an eerie short story about a thieving farmer.
Leave it to the Goosebumps guy to spread some Halloween horror today.
R.L. Stine, the author of the popular Goosebumps children's horror series, tapped into his social media circle and posted an original short story geared towards today's Halloween festivities.
The tale, told in 13 twitter posts, tells the story of a farmer dealing with bare fields who maliciously steals pumpkin seeds from another farmer he runs into on a "dark country road."
Of course, after the brazen farmer plants the stolen seeds, all hell breaks loose.
Stine prefaced the short by tweeting, "Here is a Halloween story for kids. If you read it aloud, the last line should be SHOUTED..."
MediaBistro's GalleyCat blog captured the complete short story in a Storify post you can read here.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David