R.L. Stine Treats Fans to a Halloween Twitter Tale
The "Goosebumps" author gives his nearly 62,000 Twitter followers an eerie short story about a thieving farmer.
Leave it to the Goosebumps guy to spread some Halloween horror today.
R.L. Stine, the author of the popular Goosebumps children's horror series, tapped into his social media circle and posted an original short story geared towards today's Halloween festivities.
The tale, told in 13 twitter posts, tells the story of a farmer dealing with bare fields who maliciously steals pumpkin seeds from another farmer he runs into on a "dark country road."
Of course, after the brazen farmer plants the stolen seeds, all hell breaks loose.
Stine prefaced the short by tweeting, "Here is a Halloween story for kids. If you read it aloud, the last line should be SHOUTED..."
MediaBistro's GalleyCat blog captured the complete short story in a Storify post you can read here.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Teen Wolf' Fans Can Barely Contain Their Excitement At Comic Con
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day