'RoboCop' Reboot: First Look at Suit Hits the Web
Photos from the first day of shooting show an all-black suit that's more exo-skeleton than cyborg.
Shooting began this week in Toronto for MGM and Sony's RoboCop reboot, and photos of Joel Kinnaman in the new RoboCop suit have already hit the Internet.
Posted to ComingSoon.net, the pictures feature Kinnaman sporting an all-black suit and visor helmet.
Unlike the original RoboCop, whose chrome-and-black armor suggested something that was part-man, part-carburetor, the new suit is a more anatomically-inspired and streamlined design, more exo-skeleton than cyborg.
It recalls certain examples of superhero outerwear -- more specifically, those worn by Batman in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.
RoboCop is due in theaters Aug. 13, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR