'RoboCop' Reboot Trailer Debuts: 'Man Inside a Machine' (Video)
Jose Padilha's film, starring Joel Kinnaman as the cyborg crime fighter, hits theaters Feb. 7, 2014.
The first trailer for the long-gestating RoboCop reboot has arrived.
The film, from director Jose Padilha, stars Joel Kinnaman as police officer Alex James Murphy, who is turned into a mostly machine crime fighter after being injured by a car bomb. Unlike in the 1987 Paul Verhoeven original, Murphy is still alive when he's turned into RoboCop, though he's suffered burns over 85 percent of his body.
In addition to RoboCop blowing stuff up and fighting crime, the trailer also shows him interacting with his wife (Abbie Cornish) and son (David Murphy), and features plenty of co-stars (Michael Keaton, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson) saying semi-shady things that indicate they don't have RoboCop's best interests at heart.
The film, from Columbia and MGM, hits theaters Feb. 7, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR