Rodrigo Santoro Saddling Up Next to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Last Stand'
Peter Stormare and Zach Gilford co-star in the Lorenzo Di Bonaventura-produced film.
Rodrigo Santoro has closed a deal to co-star with Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Stand, the comeback action vehicle for the former governor.
The movie, directed by Kim Jee Woon and produced by Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, begins shooting Oct. 20 in New Mexico.
Stand concerns an ageing small-town sheriff who finds himself and his inexperienced staff as the only thing standing in between a fugitive cartel leader and the Mexican border.
Santoro, whose involvement in the movie was tipped off last week by Latino Review, will play a party-loving officer under Schwarzenegger.
Peter Stormare and Zach Gilford are also among the cast
Santoro has been on a bit of a roll, booking gig after gig. The actor, who did voice work in the Fox animated hit Rio, is coming off a role opposite Jennifer Lopez in Lionsgate’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting. He is coming off of strong reviews for his starring work in Heleno, the biopic of Brazillian soccer great Heleno de Freitas, which premiered at TIFF.
Santoro is repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting