Rodrigo Santoro Saddling Up Next to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Last Stand'
Peter Stormare and Zach Gilford co-star in the Lorenzo Di Bonaventura-produced film.
Rodrigo Santoro has closed a deal to co-star with Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Stand, the comeback action vehicle for the former governor.
The movie, directed by Kim Jee Woon and produced by Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, begins shooting Oct. 20 in New Mexico.
Stand concerns an ageing small-town sheriff who finds himself and his inexperienced staff as the only thing standing in between a fugitive cartel leader and the Mexican border.
Santoro, whose involvement in the movie was tipped off last week by Latino Review, will play a party-loving officer under Schwarzenegger.
Peter Stormare and Zach Gilford are also among the cast
Santoro has been on a bit of a roll, booking gig after gig. The actor, who did voice work in the Fox animated hit Rio, is coming off a role opposite Jennifer Lopez in Lionsgate’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting. He is coming off of strong reviews for his starring work in Heleno, the biopic of Brazillian soccer great Heleno de Freitas, which premiered at TIFF.
Santoro is repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag