Rodrigo Santoro Saddling Up Next to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'Last Stand'
Peter Stormare and Zach Gilford co-star in the Lorenzo Di Bonaventura-produced film.
Rodrigo Santoro has closed a deal to co-star with Arnold Schwarzenegger in Last Stand, the comeback action vehicle for the former governor.
The movie, directed by Kim Jee Woon and produced by Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, begins shooting Oct. 20 in New Mexico.
Stand concerns an ageing small-town sheriff who finds himself and his inexperienced staff as the only thing standing in between a fugitive cartel leader and the Mexican border.
Santoro, whose involvement in the movie was tipped off last week by Latino Review, will play a party-loving officer under Schwarzenegger.
Peter Stormare and Zach Gilford are also among the cast
Santoro has been on a bit of a roll, booking gig after gig. The actor, who did voice work in the Fox animated hit Rio, is coming off a role opposite Jennifer Lopez in Lionsgate’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting. He is coming off of strong reviews for his starring work in Heleno, the biopic of Brazillian soccer great Heleno de Freitas, which premiered at TIFF.
Santoro is repped by ICM and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)