Rosemarie DeWitt to Play Ben Stiller's Wife in 'Neighborhood Watch'
The "United States of Tara" actress is in negotiations to join the Fox comedy co-starring Vince Vaughn.
Rosemarie DeWitt, who most recently had a memorable run on Showtime’s United States of Tara, is in negotiations to nab the female lead opposite Ben Stiller in Neighborhood Watch, Fox’s comedy being produced by 21 Laps.
Vince Vaughn is already on board the sci-fi comedy, being directed by Akiva Schaffer, and centering on a suburban "neighborhood watch" group that serves as a front for dads to get some male-bonding time away from their families. The group finds itself in over its head when it uncovers a plot to destroy the world.
DeWitt would play Stiller’s wife, who forces the family to move to the ‘burbs.
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg wrote a recent draft of the script.
The movie is eying a fall shoot in Georgia.
DeWitt, who drew acclaim for her work in Rachel Getting Married, will appear in next year’s Disney drama The Odd Life of Timothy Green. She is repped by ICM and Wishlab.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!