Rupert Grint Rocks as Cheetah Chrome on 'CBGB' Poster (Exclusive)
The "Harry Potter" alum plays The Dead Boys guitarist in the upcoming film.
Rupert Grint is poised to cast a spell on audiences in the new poster for CBGB, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Harry Potter alum plays The Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome in the film looking at New York's punk scene and the famed club.
CBGB was owned by Hilly Kristal, who in the late 1970s strove to create a venue for country, bluegrass and blues music. But after those acts became hard to book, he shifted the club's focus toward local groups. CBGB was frequented by The Dead Boys and also helped launched the careers of Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed CBGB and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic and Taylor Hawkins.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story