Rupert Grint Rocks as Cheetah Chrome on 'CBGB' Poster (Exclusive)
The "Harry Potter" alum plays The Dead Boys guitarist in the upcoming film.
Rupert Grint is poised to cast a spell on audiences in the new poster for CBGB, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Harry Potter alum plays The Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome in the film looking at New York's punk scene and the famed club.
CBGB was owned by Hilly Kristal, who in the late 1970s strove to create a venue for country, bluegrass and blues music. But after those acts became hard to book, he shifted the club's focus toward local groups. CBGB was frequented by The Dead Boys and also helped launched the careers of Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed CBGB and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic and Taylor Hawkins.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR