Chris Hemsworth Races to Danger in First Trailer for Ron Howard's 'Rush' (Video)
UPDATED: The true-story F1 racing film features the "Thor" star as the flamboyant driver James Hunt, and Olivia Wilde as his wife.
After a year of set photos and still images teased on Twitter, Ron Howard has finally unveiled the first, motion-filled trailer for his next film, Rush.
Based on the true story of the 1976 F1 racing season, the adrenaline-filled film stars Chris Hemsworth as James Hunt, the cocky upstart British racer (and, later, commentator) and Daniel Bruhl as Niki Lauda, the established Austrian champion. As if straight out of a Cold War-era film, Hunt is all brash and daring, while Lauda is serious and powerful, conscientious of his duties and dedicated to the cause. Olivia Wilde plays Hunt's one-time wife, Suzy Miller.
The 1976 season was an especially memorable one (after all, that's why they made a movie about it), with media intrigue, disqualifications, intense rivalries and near-fatal crashes all providing unexpected twists and turns in the race to finish line.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR