Chris Hemsworth Races to Danger in First Trailer for Ron Howard's 'Rush' (Video)
UPDATED: The true-story F1 racing film features the "Thor" star as the flamboyant driver James Hunt, and Olivia Wilde as his wife.
After a year of set photos and still images teased on Twitter, Ron Howard has finally unveiled the first, motion-filled trailer for his next film, Rush.
Based on the true story of the 1976 F1 racing season, the adrenaline-filled film stars Chris Hemsworth as James Hunt, the cocky upstart British racer (and, later, commentator) and Daniel Bruhl as Niki Lauda, the established Austrian champion. As if straight out of a Cold War-era film, Hunt is all brash and daring, while Lauda is serious and powerful, conscientious of his duties and dedicated to the cause. Olivia Wilde plays Hunt's one-time wife, Suzy Miller.
The 1976 season was an especially memorable one (after all, that's why they made a movie about it), with media intrigue, disqualifications, intense rivalries and near-fatal crashes all providing unexpected twists and turns in the race to finish line.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images