Chris Hemsworth Races to Danger in First Trailer for Ron Howard's 'Rush' (Video)
UPDATED: The true-story F1 racing film features the "Thor" star as the flamboyant driver James Hunt, and Olivia Wilde as his wife.
After a year of set photos and still images teased on Twitter, Ron Howard has finally unveiled the first, motion-filled trailer for his next film, Rush.
Based on the true story of the 1976 F1 racing season, the adrenaline-filled film stars Chris Hemsworth as James Hunt, the cocky upstart British racer (and, later, commentator) and Daniel Bruhl as Niki Lauda, the established Austrian champion. As if straight out of a Cold War-era film, Hunt is all brash and daring, while Lauda is serious and powerful, conscientious of his duties and dedicated to the cause. Olivia Wilde plays Hunt's one-time wife, Suzy Miller.
The 1976 season was an especially memorable one (after all, that's why they made a movie about it), with media intrigue, disqualifications, intense rivalries and near-fatal crashes all providing unexpected twists and turns in the race to finish line.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram