Ryan Craig to Adapt Brad Thor's 'Takedown' for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
The novel is the fifth in a series about a former Navy SEAL Team 6 member turned counterterrorism expert.
Small Town Saturday Night writer-director Ryan Craig has been hired to adapt the Brad Thor novel Takedown for Warner Bros.
Takedown is the fifth book in a series that centers on Scot Harvath, a former member of Navy SEAL Team 6 who becomes a black-ops counterterrorism agent. In the novel, Harvath must track and thwart a terrorist mastermind that has unleashed chaos in New York City with his latest attack over Fourth of July weekend.
Bill Gerber and Casey Wasserman, who set up the rights at WB last fall, are producing. Exec Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio.
Thor's series also includes The Lions of Lucerne, Blowback, The Apostle and State of the Union. The tenth, Full Black, was published in July. The international action thrillers are being looked at as a potential franchise in the Bourne Identity mold.
Craig is repped by Montage Media Group Management.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!