Ryan Craig to Adapt Brad Thor's 'Takedown' for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
The novel is the fifth in a series about a former Navy SEAL Team 6 member turned counterterrorism expert.
Small Town Saturday Night writer-director Ryan Craig has been hired to adapt the Brad Thor novel Takedown for Warner Bros.
Takedown is the fifth book in a series that centers on Scot Harvath, a former member of Navy SEAL Team 6 who becomes a black-ops counterterrorism agent. In the novel, Harvath must track and thwart a terrorist mastermind that has unleashed chaos in New York City with his latest attack over Fourth of July weekend.
Bill Gerber and Casey Wasserman, who set up the rights at WB last fall, are producing. Exec Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio.
Thor's series also includes The Lions of Lucerne, Blowback, The Apostle and State of the Union. The tenth, Full Black, was published in July. The international action thrillers are being looked at as a potential franchise in the Bourne Identity mold.
Craig is repped by Montage Media Group Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack