Ryan Craig to Adapt Brad Thor's 'Takedown' for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
The novel is the fifth in a series about a former Navy SEAL Team 6 member turned counterterrorism expert.
Small Town Saturday Night writer-director Ryan Craig has been hired to adapt the Brad Thor novel Takedown for Warner Bros.
Takedown is the fifth book in a series that centers on Scot Harvath, a former member of Navy SEAL Team 6 who becomes a black-ops counterterrorism agent. In the novel, Harvath must track and thwart a terrorist mastermind that has unleashed chaos in New York City with his latest attack over Fourth of July weekend.
Bill Gerber and Casey Wasserman, who set up the rights at WB last fall, are producing. Exec Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio.
Thor's series also includes The Lions of Lucerne, Blowback, The Apostle and State of the Union. The tenth, Full Black, was published in July. The international action thrillers are being looked at as a potential franchise in the Bourne Identity mold.
Craig is repped by Montage Media Group Management.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!